Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Discovering Your Aura - Part 1

Everything is surrounded by an aura – every rock, every tree, every person. This aura reflects the life force, state of health, emotional make-up and general well being of the subject it surrounds. In a constant state of change, the aura varies in colour, shape, size and intensity, reacting to environmental, emotional and mental influences, as well as to disease or illness in its subject.

In the early 1900s, British scientist Walter J. Kilner developed a glass screen that sensitizes one’s vision making it possible to see the aura. Later, the development of Kirlian photography provided another method for viewing the aura. For thousands of years before these two inventions, however, the ability to see auras belonged only to ‘sensitives’, people who can see the aura with the naked eye. ...I am one of those sensitives.

I first realized my ability to see auras when I was around twelve years old. I always noticed a bluish haze around my schoolteacher. So having always been interested in all things spiritual and metaphysical I soon discovered that what I was seeing was in fact the aura – the energy field that surrounds us all. As the years went by, I practiced this newfound ability and tried to learn as much as I could about the subject of auras. I even tried to teach my friends how to see them, but no one else could.

After years of practice and study, I have learned to see the first three layers of the aura. There are seven layers in all. Starting from the inner densest layers to the faster vibrating, finer layers, they are:

1. Etheric

2. Emotional

3. Mental

4. Causal

5. Etheric Template

6. Intuitive and

7. Cosmic.


Taken all together, these seven layers of the aura are often called the astral body.

Next time I'll go into what these different layers mean, as well as their associated colours.

Thank you!

No comments: